Plastic surgeons works to improve patients’ appearance and self-image through both reconstructive and cosmetic procedures
1. Reconstructive procedures correct defects on the face or body. These include physical birth defects like cleft lips and palates and ear deformities,
2. Traumatic injuries like those from dog bites or burns, or the aftermath of disease treatments like rebuilding a woman’s breast after surgery for breast cancer.
3. Cosmetic (also called aesthetic) procedures alter a part of the body that the person is not satisfied with.
4. Common cosmetic procedures :
5. Augmentation mammoplasty
6. Reduction mammoplasty
8. Removing pockets of fat from specific spots on the body liposuction).
9. Remove unwanted hair and sanding skin to improve severe scarring are two such treatments.